Monday, August 21, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 11:2, 4

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 11:2, 4
"Of the natinos concerning which the Lord said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.
For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away this heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the Lord his God, as was the heart of David his father."

I thought it very interesting that the gift the Lord gave Solomon was a wise and understanding heart. It is this very heart that turned from God. In this he showed an incredible lack of wisdom. The very thing the Lord blessed him with lead to his downfall. I guess as the Lord can make weak things strong, Satan can turn around and take our strengths and make them our weaknesses. For Solomon's heart was turned from God in the name of love. Interesting how love can sound so beautiful but can become so twisted. For his love of these strange women did he seek to study and understand their gods? He must have thought himself wise enough to not be in danger of being lead astray. God warned Israel of this very thing.

"Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee, and that thou inquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise." (Deuteronomy 12:30)

If Solomon, the wisest man that ever lived could be lead away, then how much easier could it be for me, if I studied false gods too? This is something I have felt the warning about over and over again. The most recent was watching the docuseries "Scientology and the Aftermath". I was a couple episodes into it when I had this very strong warning come into my mind to leave it alone. Don't watch and learn any more about their practices, even if it is presented in a way that exposes it in a bad light. I do not need my mind dwelling on such things. I had the impression that one lie can even be twisted in another lie. In the exposing of one lie your mind will think that whatever the person next presents as truth is true, even if that is also a lie. I saw a very cunning plan of the adversary laid out in front of me. I wish I knew how to describe the impression and warning that I had. All I know is I just had to turn it off and walk away, even when I found it very interesting. I may not be as smart as Solomon, but the spirit can give me all the wisdom I need to protect me from what I do not understand. The greatest protection to me is obedience.


Day 877

No comments:

Post a Comment