Monday, June 12, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 21:2-3

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 21:2-3
"And the people came to the house of God, and abode there till even before God, and lifted up their voices, and wept sore;
And said, O Lord God of Israel, why is this come to pass in Israel, that there should be to day one tribe lacking in Israel?"

I could feel their sorrow. I pondered on my own when a family member has willfully rebelled and turned their back upon the Lord. Have I not also gone to the house of the Lord and grieved for them. Have I not also left my sorrow there, turning it over to the Lord to carry it for me. This whole shifting of the wheat and tares is painful. Especially when you see them doing it to themselves. As Israel lost one tribe that day, I pondered on how it is becoming one of each house for us today. How we long to have no empty places at the table of the Lord.


Day 807

No comments:

Post a Comment