Sunday, June 18, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 2:3

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 2:3
"Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed."

I pondered on how just speaking words is an action. What comes out of my mouth is judged as if I actually did the deed. I had never thought of it in that light. I think this might also apply to the thoughts of my mind. Words I speak only to myself. I have been sorely tempted to have pride in one area. Every time I am tempted in my mind to think I did some great thing I feel the spirit telling don't even go there. For I know it is not me but the Lord that accomplishes these things. I have felt a change within me by not allowing these prideful thoughts entertain my mind. For I know by sad experience, what I entertain in my mind will soon come out of my mouth. Thoughts, words and action will all follow each other.


Day 813

No comments:

Post a Comment