Thursday, June 22, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 6:19-20

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 6:19-20
"And he smote the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the Lord, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.
And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before this holy Lord God? and to whom shall he go up from us?"

So it wasn't simply because the Philistines mocked God by putting the ark of the covenant in their god Dagon's temple. It was that they looked at what they were not suppose to look at. Namely looking into the ark. You simply cannot play with or treat lightly sacred things. This made me think of what happened to my daughter. As she was preparing to go to the temple before her mission, she called me into her bedroom. There on her computer screen was a website that showed all of the temple endowment. She had been reading and studying it there and wanted to ask me questions. Of course, this was an anti-mormon website, that totally twisted what was very sacred. What I witnessed grieved me to no end. This is not how you are introduced to the things of God. Why did she even think this was the right thing to do? You can never unsee it from the light you were first introduced to it by. It would be forever tainted. I told her this was sacred and not to be discussed in this manner and for her to leave it alone. She never did, trying to find answers to questions of light by looking into the darkness will make you lose your way. Eventually you love Satan more than God. Watching what happened to her broke my heart. But, it has been a powerful lesson to me on how to handle sacred things.

If I'm searching the internet for a faith promoting story I've heard, and find its on an anti-mormon website I won't read it there, even if it's the only place to be found. I have found sitting in darkness there, trying to see the light, only hurts my soul. When I am obedient to staying away from anti-mormon sites the Lord has greatly compensated me for it. I see the story of the Philistines taking the ark and putting in their god Dagon's temple exactly what I see apostates doing on their anti-mormon websites. Then they take it many steps forward to darken the minds of others in various ways. All this brings is destruction to their souls.


Day 817

No comments:

Post a Comment