Saturday, June 24, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 8:7, 21-22

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 8:7, 21-22
"And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.
And Samuel heard all the words of the people, and he rehearsed them in the ears of the Lord.
And the Lord said to Samuel, Hearken unto their voice, and make them a king. And Samuel said unto the men of Israel, Go ye every man unto his city."

Samuel is getting old and his sons that were made judges did not walk in his ways. Now the people ask that Samuel give them a king to judge them, like other nations. I pondered on how the wickedness of once God's people can turn others into forbidden paths. The poor example of Samuel's sons made the people justify themselves in becoming like other nations, and rejecting their God. Samuel was told by the Lord to give them what they wanted for they had rejected him. What the people wanted would be a cursing and not a blessing to them. I sat and pondered on how I wouldn't want to see such a thing in my day. Sometimes God can give us what we ask for, when it is absolutely what we deserve. What we deserve may not be a good thing. I truly want to deserve good gifts and not bad ones.  


Day 819

No comments:

Post a Comment