Sunday, June 25, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 9:2, 17

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 9:2, 17
"And he had a son, whose name was Saul, a choice young man, and a goodly: and there was not among the children of Israel a goodlier person than he: from his shoulders and upward he was higher than any of the people.
And when Samuel saw Saul, the Lord said unto him, Behold the man whom I spake of thee of! this same shall reign over my people."

Israel had rejected the Lord and wanted no more judges but a king. I pondered on how even though they had rejected Him, the Lord still looked for the best among all the children of Israel to be their king. He was giving them someone that had all the potential to bless the people. I pondered on how many times the Lord gave me good gifts, even when I didn't deserve them. He gave me opportunities that I never took advantage of. Continually he wants to bless me. Its only me that has turned away from them.


Day 820

No comments:

Post a Comment