Saturday, June 10, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 19:30

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 19:30
"And it was so, that all that saw it said, There was no such deed done nor seen from the day that the children of Israel came up out of the land of Egypt unto this day: consider of it, take advice, and speak your minds."

The sins mentioned of Sodom and Gomorrah paled in comparison to this chapter. I sat and thought about the progression of sin and how this most debased of sins leads to even greater sins. Until man has lost completely all sense of natural affection and human decency. Is this where we are headed? If I just look at the news headlines, this is where we already are. It made me sick to my stomach. I am so grateful I am also reading the Book of Mormon every day, because yesterday's and today's verses in the Old Testament have not brought any light into my life, nor filled my soul. It has just witnessed to the depravity of man. I get enough of this in the evening news. I know these are hard things to bare. I know God lets man wallow in his own vomit for a time, then his vengeance comes upon them. These chapters are a voice of warning.


Day 805

No comments:

Post a Comment