Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 15:7, 11

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 15:7, 11
"And Samson said unto them, Though ye have done this, yet will I be avenged of you, and after that I will cease.
Then three thousand men of Judah went to the top of the rock Etam, and said to Samson, Knowest thou not that the Philistines are rulers over us? what is this that thou hast done unto us? And he said unto them, As they did unto me, so have I done unto them."

I'm really trying to find some good in Samson. Sadly, I just feel like its a story of what goes horribly wrong when a nation does evil in the sight of God, and he begins the process of cleaning house. Samson had a purpose and probably some good moments, because he was a judge of Israel for twenty years. Though in honesty I would not want him as my judge. The people probably chose him because of his great physical strength. His presence offering them a sense of protection. It's possible they were even drawn to his prideful words and reckless ways. What is probably more likely is I'm missing parts of the story.  All I can sit here and do is relate what I am reading to the scenes that have been going on around me. This just doesn't look good.


Day 801

No comments:

Post a Comment