Friday, June 9, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 18:18,30-31

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 18:18,30-31
"And these went into Micah's house, and fetched the carved image, the ephod, and the teraphim, and the molten image. Then said the priest unto them, What do ye?
And the children of Dan set up the graven image: and Jonathan, the son of Gershom, the son of Manasseh, he and his sons were priests to the tribe of Dan until the day of captivity of the land.
And they set them up Micah's graven image, which he made, all the time that the house of God was in Shiloh."

I read this chapter over and over again trying to figure out what was going on. I could feel no light in it. In reading the scriptures that didn't make sense. Then I realized what I was reading, it was the story of how the children of Dan turned to idolatry. How horribly sad, they had the house of God in Shiloh, yet they went after idols instead. At first I thought they took them and would melt down the idols for their silver. Instead it was to set them up and worship them themselves. I don't even know which was worse in the first place. Ever person in this story had some major issues going on. No wonder I could find no light with the examples they presented.


Day 804

No comments:

Post a Comment