Friday, May 17, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 7:15

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 7:15
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

There is so much in the Sermon on the Mount that I have marked, noted and crossed referenced. I asked myself again what is my deepest concern right now? It has to be this verse on false prophets. I know who the prophet of God is, it's Russell M. Nelson. I know there are apostles on the earth again. They are the messengers from the Father to keep me on the right path. I know this by their fruits and through the spirit.

What is a concern to me is everyone else. I have witnessed those I admired fall away, and lead others away. I have lost the desire to put people on a peddle stool. I no longer think because you were right before that you can still be right. I have replaced it with watching my sources and where I am reading things. I love the scriptures they are foremost where I ponder and learn. Next are the conference addresses by the prophets and apostles. Then when I read anything else I try to find a scripture that supports it, and really listen to the spirit if something seems off. Even Anti-Christs can quote scripture.

It is by finding what is off that I learn so much. That does not mean I look for or try to dispute false doctrine. I'm like Joseph in the grasp of Potiphar's wife. I flee when I come across it. It is from the fleeing that I am brought then into the light. So that questioning of sources is really good. I cannot tell you how many Facebook groups or websites I have followed and then left because it just goes off course. I hold sacred the spirit of God within me, and guard it so it does not leave. Without it I know I can be deceived.



Day 1511

No comments:

Post a Comment