Friday, May 31, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 21:19

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 21:19
"And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away."

I thought about the fig tree this time, instead of the fruit or Jesus telling the apostles, if they had faith and doubted not they could do which is done to the fig tree, and more.

I could be that figure tree. I never know when the Lord will come by. Will he find me with fruit, working and nourishing others at his coming?  Or will he find me dressed, but deceptively baring no fruit? If it is the later, I will be destroyed at his coming. I will be damned, which means progress has stopped, and no eternal increase. It would be as if I withered away. I can't be found so wanting.



Day 1525

No comments:

Post a Comment