Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 12:36-37

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 12:36-37
"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."

In verse 34 it also says: "...out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh."

Not only are the good words I speak, testifying of Christ, recorded in heaven. So are my idle ones. I will need to account for every word if I do not repent of them and change my ways. It really hurts me when I hear swearing, and it's becoming so common place now. The pain is real when they take the Lord's name in vain. Why do they do that? The way people speak would never have been acceptable in decent society 20-30 years ago. It is a reflection of what is in their hearts. They are wearing their hearts on their sleeves in plain sight for everyone.

I have often reflected that if devils can be cast out in Jesus' name, then what does in mean when you take his name in vain? I think it is calling them to you. That is a rather horrifying realization. That I have found no scriptural bases on yet, but feel it in my heart. I don't want to be next to a person taking God's name in vain. For, I truly feel he is summoning Satan, and as this scripture says his own condemnation.



Day 1516

No comments:

Post a Comment