Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Malachi 1:13

Today's Favorite Verse: Malachi 1:13
"Ye said also, Behold, what a weariness is it! and ye have snuffed at it, saith the Lord of hosts; and ye brought that which was torn, and the lame, and the sic; thus ye brought an offering: should I accept this of your hand? saith the Lord."

I pondered on all the many things I do as an offering to the Lord, and if they were my best. I recalled  a time when Bill was out of work and a family came to our home and dropped off a box of food to us. We were so grateful. In the box was a package of Rice-a-Roni. I knew the box looked old, but didn't check the date on it. I figured there was no harm in using it. It was rice and seasonings, not like canned food. I cooked up a precious pound of ground hamburger and poured in the contents of the box. Then to my horror I saw the bugs. Hundreds of tiny bugs in that box of Rice-a-Roni. It was inedible. What was even worse is that my precious hamburger, that I could have made another dinner with, was gone now too. Seriously I cried. As I searched the box of food I realized all of the items were basically their rejects. Things you would find cleaning out your kitchen cabinet and dump. How could someone do that to us, and proudly stand at our door offering the box to us in their arms? That gift was good for nothing, in fact it caused harm. I can understand how the Lord does not accept flawed offerings either. How he looks upon a person that does so. I learned a lot from that box of Rice-a-Roni.



Day 1501

No comments:

Post a Comment