Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 5:25

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 5:25
"Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison."

One thing I have found is that I have been accused at times of not listening. Actually what I have found is the person believes this simply because after my having heard their position I don't agree with them. Their definitions is to have heard them means I must agree. Society as a whole is getting into this nonsense too. I have found it simpler to just agree that is their position. Never stating mine for it honestly doesn't matter to them. They want no honest dialog, only that you agree with them. It is getting so perverse now that I see the merit in agreeing as a means of self preservation. Never would I have imagined that people can be arrested or lose their job over things that by God's laws are untruths. Letting a person hold his false beliefs, and agreeing that is how they see it, allows me to maintain my peace and not be of contention, nor lose the spirit. As Jesus was often pressed by the Pharisees and Sadducees I marvel at his wisdom in escaping the trap that had been set for him. As those that press for more than my agreeing on what their position is, I have learned to let the spirit guide in the matter on what peacefully needs to be said or suggested to divert them.



Day 1509

No comments:

Post a Comment