Monday, May 20, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 10:32-33

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 10:32-33
"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

The confessing part I have no problem with. It's the repeatedly being told by someone that "There is no God, that religion is all man made", even when we are not even talking about religion, that is getting rather old. In fact last night when they said it to me again, I felt like I needed to respond, but wasn't sure just what to say. I said something like, "You know you really don't need to keep saying that. We understand you feel that way. Just make sure to respect that others feel differently and do believe in God."

They weren't upset, maybe they were a little shocked I had said something to them. But, all evening and most of the night my mind kept coming back to this interaction. My brain has been trying to form the perfect response if they said those words again, which typically never does happen. My conclusion so far has been sadly to recognize they are denying Christ, after having known Him. That's really serious and it makes me sad for them. I think maybe they keep saying there is no God to me, even when we are not talking about religion, is because they are trying to convince themselves.

Another verse in this chapter says "...take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak." (Matthew 10:19).  As messy as my words came out, maybe they were what they already needed to hear.



Day 1514

No comments:

Post a Comment