Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 4:23

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 4:23
"And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people."

Feeling rather sorry for myself today. I'm tired after seven months of pain and acceptance. The answer seems to be not to be healed but have more pain instead. I have had to rely greatly on the Lord for comfort. As I read these verses of the sick being healed how I wished I was there. But as I reflected on them I thought of those that may have been healed physically, but never recognizes the Lord for who he was, or thanked him.

I pondered on a question that came into my mind. Which would I rather have, to have been there to be healed or to have heard Jesus preach? My answer? I I would have much rathered heard Him preach. I would be willing to sit outside of His touch, but within His sight and voice to hear Him speak. What fills the soul is more than can hurt the body. Then I heard, there's your answer. How grateful I am for the moments of rest I find in the Lord. He does comfort me and know me. Periods of sorrow makes me appreciate the Lord's atonement all the more.



Wish I had the ability to combine both these videos. 

Day 1508

No comments:

Post a Comment