Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 99:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 99:1
"The Lord reigneth; let the people tremble: he sitteth between the cherubims; let the earth be moved."

The mention of cherubims made me look up what was known about them in the scriptures. This is what the Bible dictionary says:

BD Cherubim: Figures representing heavenly creatures, the exact form being unknown. They are found in the Holy of Holies, on the Mercy Seat of the Ark, and in the visions of Ezekiel. In the account of the Fall, cherubim are represented as keeping "the way of the tree of life".

I read in some scriptures that they have hands under their wings. They had glory and were next to God. They must be very remarkable beings. What are they I wonder? They sound like they have intelligence so they are not animals.

Then I thought about what the Lord God said to Moses about the creation of worlds without number.

"And behold, the glory of the Lord was upon Moses, so that Moses stood in the presence of God, and talked with him face to face. And the Lord God said unto Moses: for mine own purpose have I made these things. Here is wisdom and it remaineth in me.
And by the word of my power, have I created them, which is mine Only Begotten Son, who is full of grace and truth.
And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; and by the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten."
(Moses 1:31-33)

God created the worlds for his own purposes. That purpose is only known to Him. He could put any being he wanted on those various worlds. They did not necessarily need to be in His image as we are. The cherubims must have come from an amazingly beautiful world. I can't wait to see them.



Day 1152

No comments:

Post a Comment