Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 84:2, 10

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 84:2, 10
"My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.
For a day in they courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness."

I reflected on my Tuesday mornings spent in the House of the Lord. There is no place I would rather be then there. When I have missed my weekly temple session my soul feels it. For when I sit in the celestial room I feel my soul come to rest in the Lord. There is peace and strength that comes to me. It feeds me. To not be there I run empty.

Several years ago when I was visiting my daughter in California I got incredibly homesick. I couldn't understand why. I talked to my family back home every night. We still did scripture reading together. I had family around me but yet was homesick. Then I realized it was almost 3 weeks since I had gone to the temple. My homesickness was for the House of the Lord, and visiting Him. I had my daughter drive me to the San Diego Temple the next day and my feelings of homesickness were gone. Heaven is the place I want and need to be. Once you taste of how good home is you don't want to be away from it.



Day 1137

No comments:

Post a Comment