Sunday, May 6, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 82:6

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 82:6
"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High."

Immediately I thought of the primary song "I am a child of God." Which we also sang at church today.

Then I reflected on being made in God's image.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"
(Genesis 1:26)

I am also commanded to be perfect like Him.

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."
(Matthew 5:48)

I think God is telling me I have divine potential, someday I can become like Him. Thankfully it comes line upon line, precept upon precept, and not something expected of me all at once. There is beauty in the journey for it can only come as I yoke myself to Him.

"Be patient with yourself. Perfection comes not in this life but in the next life. Don't demand things that are unreasonable. But demand of yourself improvement. As you let the Lord help you through that, He will make the difference."
(President Russell M. Nelson)

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
(Ether 12:27)

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
(2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

Right now I am weak, but someday I will be strong. I am on a beautiful journey and I am so grateful for every step as I learn to walk in my Savior's footsteps. Being humble as a little child, having faith in my Father's plan for me, will make me everything he knows I can be.


I am a Child of God

I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.

I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows too late.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.

I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will,
I’ll live with him once more.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.

I am a child of God.
His promises are sure;
Celestial glory shall be mine
If I can but endure.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.


Day 1135




No comments:

Post a Comment