Saturday, May 5, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 81:13, 16

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 81:13, 16
"Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways!
He should have fed them also with the finest of the wheat: and with honey out of the rock should I have satisfied thee."

When Moses smote the rock and water gushed forth, the children of Israel could have had wheat and honey instead. For forty years they walked through the wilderness eating only manna and water. The Lord cared for them, but they could have had something better, if they had only listened to Him.

It made me ponder on lower laws and higher laws, which means there are also lower blessings and higher blessings. I have been pondering on the changes from this past general conference. How home and visiting teaching is now replaced with a higher law of ministering. What wondrous blessings will waiting me for living the higher law?



Day 1134

No comments:

Post a Comment