Friday, May 18, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 94:11-12, 19

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 94:11-12, 19
"The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.
Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law;
In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul."

I have to think of vanity as my pride. For it is often because of my pride that I am chastened by the Lord. I had to sit and ponder on what a blessing that truly is. Really what a miracle that whole process is. Simply because He loves me enough to stopped me before it has gotten out of hand. Pride truly is man's down fall. I've been through this cycle so many times that now I have started to  receive a warning before it even happens.

I will just get that feeling that I have to careful and watch myself, I am right on that edge and have to back off. It requires a lot of vigilance on my part to not fall into that trap. After much practice I am learning to spot the traps and maneuver around them. When I see that happen I am so grateful, for I truly hate to be chastened, because I do know better. I would much rather be warned and change my path instead. Even though having to be warned stings a little too. Having the ability to be warned is a comfort and protection to me. I am blessed when I listen and obey.



Day 1147

No comments:

Post a Comment