Thursday, May 3, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 79:8

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 79:8
"O remember not against us former iniquities: let thy tender mercies speedily prevent us: for we are brought very low."

Footnote: prevent us = HEB come to us.

I pondered on how being brought very low was a step in the repentance process. How when I follow the process of repentance the Savior has promised to forgive my sins and remember them no more.

The steps of repentance takes me from godly sorrow to the joy of keeping the commandments.

Recognizing sin
Feeling sorrow for sin
Forsaking sin
Confessing sin
Making restitution
Forgiving others
Keeping the commandments of God.

What a wonderful and merciful plan God has, that through Christ's atonement I can obtain forgiveness of my sins. Though my sins be as scarlet, they will become white as snow.

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: through your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."
(Isaiah 1:18)

Forgiven by Greg Olsen

Day 1132

No comments:

Post a Comment