Friday, May 25, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 101:5-6

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 101:5-6
"Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.
Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me."

In verse five I could not help but think of those that point the finger at others and accuse them of terrible things, all the while they are doing the same. Then I laughed at myself because I was pointing my finger at them in my mind. Yeah, I totally see the "shame culture" going on that Elder D. Todd Christofferson spoke of in his April 2017 General Conference talk "The Voice of Warning".

I have been trying really hard not to get caught up in this vice. It's getting harder and harder for me to find anything in the main stream media that I can watch or listen to. I just don't want to get caught up in judging others. The other night I finally found something that satisfied me. I found so many wonderful stories to listen to on the Mormon Channel. Truly it has set "mine eyes upon the faithful of the land." As I pondered over this I see that instead of looking for those to shame, I need to look towards those that will be good examples. Those that I can make a joyful noise about.



Day 1154


No comments:

Post a Comment