Friday, November 17, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 23:6

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 23:6
"But let none come into the house of the Lord, save the priests, and they that minister of the Levites; they shall go in, for they are holy: but all the people shall keep the watch of the Lord."

The part that stood out to me was "all the people shall keep the watch of the Lord". First, I thought of watchmen, the watchmen on the tower. This is the role of the prophet, warning of danger ahead. Giving us the tools that are needed, to be protected of the Lord. I found a video I hadn't seen before that demonstrated the role of the watchmen. I loved how it showed how he can see things far off.


In this verse though it speaks of people keeping watch. What does that mean for me? How do I keep watch? I reflected on the times I have felt a concern when discussions seemed to go off track and opinions instead of the pure doctrine of Christ are espoused. At such times I will try to simplify discussions and bring it back to the pure doctrine of Christ, by reinforcing the basics of the gospel. The basics of the gospel are the anchors that never lead me astray. They fill my soul. I have developed such a love for the simplicity of the gospel, because as I ponder on them mysteries begin to unfold. I know from my own experience that going beyond the mark, only leaves me in the dark. I guess if I'm to keep the watch of the Lord I will warn my brothers and sisters of darkness ahead, by turning them back to the light.


Day 965

No comments:

Post a Comment