Sunday, November 26, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 32:31

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 32:31
"Howbeit in the business of the ambassadors of the princes of Babylon, who sent unto him to inquire of the wonder that was done in the land, God left him, to try him, that he might know all that was in his heart."

This reminded me of a scripture I was reading and pondering on yesterday.

"And after their temptations, and much tribulation, behold, I, the Lord, will feel after them, and if they harden not their hearts, and stiffen not their necks against me, they shall be converted, and I will heal them."
(Doctrine and Covenants 112:13)

In a way this answers the question why bad things happen to good people. It is all part of the test that comes with this earth life experience. The Lord allows me to be tried and tested so he can feel after my heart and know if I will still turn to him. He is waiting to heal me from the pain I go through. It is in those moments of His peace that passes understanding that I come to know Him. It saddened me when people mocked the faith and prayers of others when recent mass killings happened. They showed a harden heart and stiff necks, with no understanding of how prayer can heal. My heart grieved for them more than for the people that were taken.


Day 974

No comments:

Post a Comment