Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Will This Generation Fail the Test?

I was reading the Oct 2017 conference talk by Dallin H. Oaks "The Plan and the Proclamation" and found this:

"Forty years ago, President Ezra Taft Benson taught that "every generation has its tests and its chance to stand and prove itself." I believe our attitude toward and use of the family proclamation is one of those tests for this generation. I pray for all Latter-day Saints to stand firm in that test."

I believe my generation for the most part failed the test given us by Ezra Taft Benson, that mothers stay in the home, and today I see the results of that failure and the bondage our daughters are in. For we moved the standard from one income supporting a household to two and most mothers are now forced to work. As a mother in Zion I implore the mothers today to not fail in the test for your generation. Teach your children the family proclamation. The coming generation will need it, or they to will find themselves left in bondage by their mothers.

/

No comments:

Post a Comment