Monday, November 13, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 19:1-2

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 19:1-2
"And Jehoshaphat the king of Judah returned to his house in peace to Jerusalem.
And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the Lord? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the Lord."

How much did I really want to hear this verse, much less ponder on it? It was a hard day where my heart was broken and I mourned for the people that hated God, and abused him. I wanted to crawl into the shelter of my peaceful home and just ignore them. I wanted to clean out my social media contacts and only have contact with those that didn't make my heart grieve for them. Yeah, it's fitting that I read this and see that that's not God's way. There is a reason why I have to endure and not run away.

"Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witness of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life - "  (Mosiah 18:9)

I guess that means do that for the ungodly and those that hate the Lord too. Even if all I can do is be silent and pray for them. Can I just say I hate watching where this is all headed.

Then it was brought to my memory a person in high school that really gave me a hard time. She persecuted me over my religion. I was talking with another friend and we decided we were just not going to be friends with this girl any more. Then within minutes of saying that she called me in tears, and wanted to have what I had. She started taking the missionary lessons, and was baptized into the church. She was faithful until the day she died. She never would have known repentance and the gospel of Jesus Christ if I had been allowed to follow through with turning my back on her. I guess I needed this lesson today, to rethink some terrible plans.


Day 961

No comments:

Post a Comment