Thursday, November 16, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 22:3

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 22:3
"He also walked in the ways of the house of Ahab: for his mother was his counsellor to do wickedly."

This made me ponder on the responsibility and stewardship of a mother. How the Lord counts on us to raise and teach our children in righteousness. Ahaziah had none of that from his mother Athaliah. In fact she taught in contrary to the ways of God. We had a discussion recently in family scripture study on the sins being upon the head of the parents. Though honestly everyone has the light of Christ within them to know right from wrong. Totally cannot judge how unaccountable anyone is. All I know is that I need to teach my children the ways of the Lord or I will account for it.

I recently was reading the Oct 2017 LDS General Conference talk by Elder Dallin H. Oaks "The Plan and the Proclamation" and this quote struck me.

"Forty years ago, President Ezra Taft Benson taught that “every generation has its tests and its chance to stand and prove itself.” I believe our attitude toward and use of the family proclamation is one of those tests for this generation. I pray for all Latter-day Saints to stand firm in that test."

I cannot help but think how important right now it is to teach and council our children from the family proclamation, and the scriptures. I truly fear for the coming generation if we fail in this test.


Day 964

No comments:

Post a Comment