Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 14:2-4

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 14:2-4
"And Asa did that which was good and right in the eyes of the Lord his God:
For he took away the altars of the strange gods, and the high places, and brake down the images, and cut down the groves:
And commanded Judah to seek the Lord God of their fathers, and to do the law and the commandment."

I sat here longing to see such a cleansing happen to our nation. How wonderful it would be to have a leader of the nation throw out all that was evil before the Lord. But, I know that will never happen. We have laws guaranteeing the freedom of religion. There are too many people that love other gods more than the Lord God. That thought made me mourn.

Then I saw this in a different light. This was Judah, God's chosen people. I can look at this as applying to His church. A cleansing taking place, like the shifting of the wheat and tares to come. The way something is taken away, is to expose it in the eyes of the people, so they remove it from their hearts. I reflected on the conference talks. We have not had a single general conference where such things have not been exposed. We are commanded always to seek the Lord. This last general conference those words were even stronger. Yes, the shifting will come. I believe if I remain faithful and obedient to the counsel and words given by the prophets, I will withstand the shifting that will come, not being tossed by the winds of false doctrine, prepared to stand before my Lord. I pray I will do it.


Day 956

No comments:

Post a Comment