Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 34:25

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 34:25
"Because they have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands; therefore my wrath shall be poured out upon this place, and shall not be quenched."

This was one of those aha moments. I remembered a story a member once told during a class at church. She was visiting relatives of Asian decent and during this reunion the family burned incense to their god. Her parents had converted to the LDS church and would not burn the incense. She was also LDS, but wishing to not offend did join in the ritual and burn incense. She spoke of how disappointed she felt afterwards. For she knew she had offered her parents and her God. I didn't get why burning incense was such a terrible thing if she did not believe in these gods anyways. Now I can understand why she felt this way.


Day 976

No comments:

Post a Comment