Monday, November 6, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 12:14

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 12:14
"And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the Lord."

What I noticed in this scripture was the word prepare. You have to prepare your heart before seeking the Lord. I pondered on how totally clueless I was at one point when told to seek the Lord. I wasn't really sure how one did that. It wasn't until I decided to just be obedient and do those simple things I had always been asked to do. Keep the commandments and repenting when I made mistakes. Pray, fast, go to church, take the sacrament, having personal and family scripture reading. Attend the temple and serving in my callings. I didn't do them all at once. As I was obedient to one thing I desired to become obedient in other areas. The list just began to grow line upon line. The more I sought to be obedient the greater the change that took place in my heart.

It was through the preparation made with obedience that I came to understand what it meant to seek the Lord. It is the preparing part that has to come first. I was in the temple waiting to go into an endowment session when I read this. I decided to look for all the ways some type of preparation was mentioned or demonstrated during the session. It was everywhere. 

In the scriptures there are 430 mentions of the word prepare.

"For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors."

Seems like such a simple word, but such a vital step.


Day 954

No comments:

Post a Comment