Sunday, November 12, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 18:7

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 18:7
"And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, There is yet one man, by whom we may inquire of the Lord: but I hate him; for he never prophesied good unto me, but always evil: the same is Micaiah the son of Imla. And Jehoshaphat said, Let not the king say so."

This verse made me ponder on good gifts.

"And I would exhort you, my beloved brethren, that ye remember that every good gift cometh of Christ"
(Moroni 10:18)

"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"
(Luke 11:13)

I pondered on how the king of Israel felt that any of the prophesies that came from Micaiah always foretold evil coming to him. How can a bad gift come from God? What came to mind was these were warnings? Is not a warning from God showing mercy? Warning stops me from going down that road of destruction and pain. If the king of Israel had listened to the warning voice of the prophet and repented, then he could have received blessings instead.

God was going to give his greatest gift, His Son to atone for our sins, what the king of Israel was being given by a prophet was the warning to stop the course he was on.


Day 960

No comments:

Post a Comment