Saturday, September 9, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 8:11-12

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 8:11-12
"And he settled his countenance steadfastly, until he was ashamed: and the man of God wept.
And Hazael said, Why weepeth my lord? And he answered, Because I know the evil that thou wilt do unto the children of Israel: their strong holds wilt thou set on fire, and their young men wilt thou slay with the sword, and wilt dash their children, and rip up their women with child."

It's easy to forget that not only does a prophet see amazing spiritual things, they can also see the horrible events to come. What must it have been like for John the Revelator, Nephi and the brother of Jared to see my day? I know just watching the news I weep. What must it be like to be a prophet and know what is to come.

Day 896

No comments:

Post a Comment