Friday, September 29, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 3:5

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 3:5
"And these were born unto him in Jerusalem; Shimea, and Shobab, and Nathan, and Solomon, four, of Bath-shua the daughter of Ammiel:"

As I have been reading the names of the sons of David and their descendants I was struck with how incredible boring this would be, if I didn't spot names along the way that reminded me of their stories. In a way its like reading a pedigree chart or family group sheet but only with names.. As a genealogist I love reading them because I know the facts behind them. But, it's the stories that bring the people to life to those that do not know them. I need to do better at writing the stories of my ancestors. It is the stories that will turn the hearts of the children to their fathers. A list of genealogies won't do that.


Day 916

No comments:

Post a Comment