Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 4:2-3

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 4:2-3
"And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil.
The he said, Go, borrow thee vessels abroad of all thy neighbours, even empty vessels; borrow not a few."

What a faith promoting chapter. When times are tough this is one where I can stop and ponder on the miracles and power of God. How following the living prophet will protect me not only spiritually but temporally also. I love this story of the women who's husband dies and the creditors are coming to take her sons to be bondmen. All she has is pot of oil and the faith to follow the living prophet. She inquires what she is to do and then follows his council to gather and borrow all the empty vessels she can together.

Then she shuts her door with her sons and her inside and pours out the oil into the vessels. As she faithful does so, all the pots are filled and the oil still remains in the pot of oil that she has. Once she does this she turns again to Elisha and is told to now go and sell the oil to pay her debts. Then she and her children can live upon the rest. I know this happened. I am sure this will happen again. It totally made me think of the Self-Reliance class I just completed. The Lord is prepare us for great things. It made me think of my mason jars and how fruitful my the little plants in my garden are. They are filling my jars as the Lord has promised me he would.


Day 892

No comments:

Post a Comment