Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 12:2

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 12:2
"And Jehoash did that which was right in the sight of the Lord all his days wherein Jehoiada the priest instructed him."

I pondered how listening to a prophet or apostle, a messenger of God, it will cause me to do what is right in the sight of the Lord. If I follow strange voices and those that teach of their own doctrine I can be lead astray. Over the many years of sitting and pondering the scriptures, I have come to learn that I am never given an original thought. Things may come to me that I have never heard of, or understood before. They are new thoughts to me. When taught by the spirit I am given eternal truths. These are not original things, others learned them before me. Then soon after I will find a second witness through the words of the prophets confirming what the spirit had taught me. I find it such a marvelous thing. This follows the law of witnesses and is as revelation should be. I find comfort in that.


Day 900

No comments:

Post a Comment