Monday, September 25, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 24:2

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 24:2
"And the Lord sent against him bands of the Chaldees, and bands of the Syrians, and bands of the Moabites, and bands of the children of Ammon, and sent them against Judah to destroy it, according to the word of the Lord, which he spake by his servants the prophets."

I pondered on how the prophets bring the voice of warning before destruction will come. It is the way its always been, it is the way it will always be. I am so grateful for the voice of a living prophet on the earth today. Following the words of the prophet will bring me peace and protection. Though I might be like Lehi and his family and suffer hard things, in the end it brings me to a better place. Where He wants me to be. I pondered on how truly terrifying it would be to go through these last days without the voice of a living prophet. God has never left his people alone.

It is in this part of the bible that Zedekiah becomes the last king of Judah. It is where the story of the Book of Mormon begins.

"For it came to pass in the commencement of the first year of the reign of Zedekiah, king of Judah, (my father, Lehi, having dwelt at Jerusalem in all his days); and in that same year there came many prophets, prophesying unto the people that they must repent, or the great city Jerusalem must be destroyed."
(1 Nephi 1:4)


Day 912

No comments:

Post a Comment