Sunday, September 3, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 2:3, 5

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 2:3, 5
"And the sons of the prophets that were at Beth-el came forth to Elisha, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Lord will take away thy master from thy head to day? And he said, Yea, I know it; hold ye your peace.
And the sons of the prophets that were at Jericho came to Elisha, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Lord will take away thy master from thy head to day? And he answered, Yea, I know it; hold ye your peace."

The spirit of prophesy falls upon Elisha and the sons of the prophet. They knew that Elijah was going to be taken from them before it even happened. I'm sure they didn't know Elijah would be taken up to heaven in a whirlwind upon a chariot of fire. They only knew something was coming. Each time Elisha tells the sons of the prophets to hold their peace.

Though not totally the same thing it did make me recall recent events. How many times did my family and close friends all say privately to each other, I know something is going to happen, I just don't know what. Since this hurricane and flooding in Texas hit I no longer have that feeling resting upon me. It's kinda like the clock has been rest and people haven found the goodness in each other again. Now I wonder what will the nation and people do with it? Have we learned from what has just happened? I wonder how long this reprieve will last?


Day 890

No comments:

Post a Comment