Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 19:14

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 19:14
"And Hezekiah received the letter of the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up into the house of the Lord, and spread it before the Lord."

I had several favorite verses I marked in this chapter. But, this  one stood out. The reason for it is because I remembered hearing someone mention in a genealogy class how after doing research on their brick wall they would take their research log and papers and spread them out on their bed. Then they would kneel down in prayer and present it to the Lord. Seeking to understand how it all connected, and what steps they needed to take next. I had never heard of anyone doing that before, but when they said it, I knew it was a truth.

I've never had an opportunity or need to do that. Yet those words have stuck with me for many years now. Popping up at random times so they are never forgotten. Maybe someday I will need to do this. The exciting thing to me today was seeing that this was a truth that is confirmed in the scriptures. I love finding things like this, scriptural evidence as a second witness to what the spirit told me before hand.


Day 907

No comments:

Post a Comment