Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 5:10-11

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 5:10-11
"And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean.
But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the Lord his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper."

Naaman has leprosy and is sent to be healed. He is so disappointed that the prophet Elisha doesn't come out to see him. That instead he sends a messenger and is told to simply wash in the Jordan river seven times. What he was expecting was a big show and is upset when that doesn't happen. The request is so small he doubts that it will work.

Then one of his servants wisely says to him "My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?"

With this Naaman does as the Elisha told him and is made clean. I pondered on how listening to the words of the prophet and obeying has never been a personal one on one invitation to me. The closest I come is LDS General Conference. How many times in the past have I wanted to hear some great announcement or prophecy made during it. I have come to learn that the faithful following of the peaceful things of the gospel, emphasized at conference time, have blessed my life in the months that follow.


Day 893

No comments:

Post a Comment