Thursday, September 14, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 13:3-4

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 13:3-4
"And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he delivered them into the hand of Hazel king of Syria, and into the hand of Ben-hadad the son of Hazael, all their days.
And Jehoahaz besought the Lord, and the Lord hearkened unto him: for he saw the oppression of Israel, because the king of Syria oppressed them."

I pondered on the anger of the Lord and how he just didn't help Israel. Their enemies were allowed to come upon them. That is how they were delivered into their hands. He didn't bring it against the people, truly they brought it upon themselves. All it took was them to turn back to God and the means to deliver themselves from oppression was given them. I pondered on how I cannot curse God when bad things happen. There is a reason why we suffer, and mostly it so I will turn my heart back to him.


Day 901

No comments:

Post a Comment