Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 12:6, 8

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 12:6, 8
"Now, as you have asked, behold, I say unto you, keep my commandments, and seek to bring forth and establish the cause of Zion.
And no one can assist in this work except he shall be humble and full of love, having faith, hope, and charity, being temperate in all things, whatsoever shall be entrusted to his care."

When I read this verse I knew the Lord wasn't just speaking to Joseph Knight, he was speaking to me too. This is the sum of what I must do to endure to the end. Ever faithful in keeping the commandments, and working always to help establish Zion. When I look over the qualities I see what is asked is to be a good person, heart, mind, and deed. These are the qualities that I not only want, but also want in the people I live around.

As I sat and pondered on what a Zion place would be like, the song "Have I Done Any Good?" started to play in my mind. I had to do more than dream of my mansions above, or a Zion place. The only way Zion happens is if there are people working at establishing it. The work actually give me the qualities to live there. I can't dream and wish it about. Joy comes in the work not the dreaming. 

Day 431

No comments:

Post a Comment