Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 18:15-16

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 18:15-16
"And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!"

I could not help but weep over the thought of my dear friends that have joined the church, and someday being with them at the feet of my Savior in the kingdom of my Father. I know our joy will be full.

I also remember when I helped one of my children at their baptism my heart was so full because I was thinking back on my friends baptisms. I wondered if being a parent and teaching my child to come to Christ was also part of what the Lord was speaking of in these verses. As a parent you truly do labor all your days to bring your child to the Lord.


Day 437

No comments:

Post a Comment