Thursday, June 16, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 27:5

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 27:5
"Behold, this is wisdom in me; wherefore, marvel not, for the hour cometh that I will drink of the fruit of the vine with you on the earth, and with Moroni, whom I have sent unto you to reveal the Book of Mormon, containing the fulness of my everlasting gospel, to whom I have committed the keys of the record of the stick of Ephraim;"

The chapter continues to list other great prophets and apostles that will be there with Christ when they drink of the fruit of the vine. It's a great list. What I saw differently this time and have been trying to work out in my mind is the part "committed the keys of the record of the stick of Ephraim". I didn't realize the Book of Mormon, which is the stick of Ephraim, had keys associated with it. 

If there is a key to it, what is its power? I pondered on this a while and was impressed to read Ezekiel 37:19
"Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God, Behold I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and they shall be one in mine hand.

From this I gather it's the power to bring the stick of Joseph and the stick of Judah together. It is unifying them and making them one in our hand. It's bringing the fullness of the gospel together. It's fulfilling a prophecy made long ago. It's part of the gathering of Lord's elect throughout the world. I think there is more than even this. I love it when I read and things like this jump out at me. I had never heard of the "keys of the record of the stick of Ephraim" before. What a great role Moroni has played. I can't wait to understand this even more.



Day 446

No comments:

Post a Comment