Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 26:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 26:2
"And all things shall be done by common consent in the church by much prayer and faith, for all things you shall receive by faith. Amen."

This is one thing I love about Christ's church the raising of my hand to sustain my leaders. I love making a covenant that I will support them. I also love how it lets me know who are new members in my ward or what new callings have been given. I have only felt the need to express my voice in opposition on a matter once in my life. Once I talked to the leader and told what I knew and needed clarification on I knew their decision was not on my head, and I would support them going forward. Which I had no problem doing after that. It reminded me of the phrase "speak now or forever hold your peace".  It was a good experience and I am grateful for it. 

I went through all the scriptures that were footnoted to this verse to try and understand common consent better. I read about it in the Old & New Testament, Book of Mormon and other sections in the Doctrine & Covenants. This has been a responsibility for God's children throughout the ages.  This one in Mosiah 29:26-27 really spoke to me.

"Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law - to do your business by the voice of the people.
And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land."

This verse was on electing judges, but I could see it also in Christ's Church. The voice of the people will chose what is right, until the time comes that they willfully choose iniquity. The members and nations both have this as a warning of coming destruction when they do that which is contrary to God's will and laws. Makes me realize even more my sacred responsibility in voting for righteous leaders, regardless of who wins. 



Day 445

No comments:

Post a Comment