Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 40:1-3

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 40:1-3
"Behold, verily I say unto you, that the heart of my servant James Covel was right before me, for he covenanted with me that he would obey my word.
And he received the word with gladness, but straightway Satan tempted him; and the fear of persecution and the cares of the world caused him to reject the word.
Wherefore he broke my covenant, and it remaineth with me to do with him as seemeth me good. Amen"

I had a dear old friend break my heart today. We had a conversation on Facebook regarding the upcoming election and what candidate to pick. After expressing my views and being attacked I said I was done with the conversation and was leaving others to their discussion. She called me back today asking me by name a question. I responded with the answer I received in prayer. I was then challenged about my prayer and had I not consider this other option.

I have to say the comment shocked me. How does one tell the Lord you didn't answer me right? Did you consider this point? Truly don't you think the Lord already knows all the points on the matter more than I do? I told her I don't question the Lord. This lead into a discussion on how to get answers to prayers. I was then told I was being holier than thou. I know it could be taken that way when I say I got an answer to prayer and she hadn't. All I was saying is if you don't get an answer then look at the question and ask it differently. Sometimes what we want an answer on isn't what the Lord want us to know. Honestly how do I know what she is asking in her prayers? We might have posed the question differently and wanted or were willing to act in different ways. I don't know how I could have given any other answer.  

For this I was told I had undone all the efforts she had made with her friends not of our faith. I was a bad example for being holier than thou. I asked how explaining prayer could be a bad things for others to know? I was now unfriended for my poor example of a Christian and being a Utah Mormon. Really my head is still spinning from all this. I poured my soul out to the Lord to see where I had gone wrong. All I can say is I know the Lord loves me and knows my heart in this matter.

As I turned to read my scriptures the tears all came again. This fits what I saw today exactly. For the cares of the world you could throw away old friends of your faith for speaking of the gospel. For the cares of the world you can deny that a person can receive answers to prayers. For the cares of the world you can persecute a fellow Christian. You know what? I'm really, really tired of Satan. I don't want this fate for me or anyone, especially dear old friends. I am grateful we can repent and don't need to be left to the Lord to do with us as seemeth him good. 



Day 459

No comments:

Post a Comment