Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 19:23

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 19:23
"Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me."

How do I learn of Christ?  I think the best way is to study the words He spoke. They are found in all the holy scriptures. 

How do I listen to Christ words?  I have listened to the scriptures on audio recordings. I also listen to conference talks, but I think it's more. I think I am listening when the spirit speaks the words of Christ to me. When I am instructed while reading his scriptures and pondering on them. It's anytime the spirit fills my mind with pure intelligence to understand the gospel in ways I couldn't know otherwise.

How do I walk in the meekness of his Spirit. I think its when I'm taking action on what the spirit has told me to do. When I am doing God's will and not mine. When the glory is God's, and not for my benefit. When I am serving and trying to become like Christ.

Have I known peace with these things? Yes, absolutely. Peace will never come any other way. To not do these things brings no fullness of joy or lasting peace. A new car, a pretty dress, accolades of the world are fleeting. They never satisfy or bring lasting peace. Peace in Christ is so soft, warm and refreshing, it envelopes me and I feel complete, there is nothing that can be made counterfeit. 



Day 438

No comments:

Post a Comment