Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 25:12

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 25:12
"For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads."

I have noticed that my taste in music has changed the more I read the scriptures. I will wake in the morning with the songs of redeeming love in my mind. It is a glorious way to greet the morning. As I have felt sorrow or grief the music and words to hymns will come to my mind. Often they will have special meaning or bring greater understanding to me. I have done much reflection on the importance of hymns in my life. Yes, I agree that they are a prayer to God. I also think God answers back in song too. I wonder if that is what is meant here "and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads." 



Day 444

No comments:

Post a Comment