Thursday, June 23, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 34:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 34:3
"Who so loved the world that he gave his own life, that as many as would believe might become the sons of God. Wherefore you are my son;"

This chapter took me on a really great scripture chase. I wanted to know more about being a "son of God". So I pondered on how in the pre-existence or before my earth life, my spirit was created in the heavens by God the Father. I came to earth to receive a body and to be tried and tested. In doing so I have a literal father on the earth. So how does Christ fit in being my Father too? I know God the Father and Christ are two separate beings. 

Then I found these really great verses in Galatians 4:4-6
"But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father" 

(See Romans 8;14-16 also) 

So what I learned tonight was the "law of adoption". I didn't realize there was such a law. I had pondered on this previously and had reasoned that being born again would be like being adopted by Christ and he became my Father. I am excited to see that it really is called adoption - there is such a law. When I receive Christ in my heart, and am obedient to his commandments I am born again. I have the right to become heir to eternal life. In this way he does become Father to me since I am born again.

"And I will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." (2 Corinthians 6:18)

This gives me joy!


Day 453

No comments:

Post a Comment