Friday, June 3, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 14:9

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 14:9
"Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, who created the heavens and the earth, a light which cannot be hid in darkness."

I do believe that God the Father, and his son Jesus Christ are two separate beings. Though united in purpose. That through the direction of God the Father, Jesus Christ did create the heavens and the earth. The place where I stand, and at night I gaze up into the heavens. It is such a beautiful place.

I reflected on how totally dark a room can be but if there be any light that starts to creep in you cannot hide it. You're attracted to it. So when I think of the darkness, that spiritual darkness mentioned in this verse, I can see that the light of Christ covers this earth. He is the very one who made it, we have his spirit in everything, even his light is a gift inside of us. Though darkness tries to snuff out his light it is impossible. It is against the very laws of nature and God for darkness to overcome light. Darkness truly can never win. You can never hide the light of Christ, because he created it.

Day 433

No comments:

Post a Comment